- Cut the ends off the mustard green bunch separating the leaves, remove all the yellow and bruise parts and wash them thoroughly to remove all the dirt.
- Shake off the water, lay them on large trays lined with kitchen towels to and allow them to dry and wilt overnight on the kitchen counter.
- Sterilize a large jar by pouring in hot water to wash it and allow it to stand upside down on a kitchen towel to dry completely.
- To make the brine, bring water to a boil and remove from the heat. Add salt, sugar and vinegar to hot water and whisk until sugar and salt completely dissolves. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut the mustard greens into 2-inch pieces and place into a large bowl.
- Slice onions into thin slices, separate them and add them to the bowl of mustard greens mixing them together to combine.
- Pour the brine into a pitcher or measuring cup. Add the mustard greens and onions into the sterilized jar spreading them out and packing them down gently. Pour the brine in the jar and add a small bowl or plastic bag filled with water to submerge the mustard greens.
- Leave the container in a warm place (by a window, or in oven with the oven light on) to pickle. Taste a piece every 24 hours until it gets sour enough for your taste. I like to eat this after 5 days of pickling. Transfer to the refrigerator to stop pickling process. This will last for about 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator.
FEED THE SPIRIT!
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men." John 1:1-4 KJV
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16 KJV
"And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst." John 6:35 KJV
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:9 KJV
"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63 KJV