Ingredients & Cooking Directions for Cà Ri Gà - Vietnamese Chicken Curry
Kitchen Equipment used in this Video
Cooking gloves: http://amzn.to/2mcNotv
Clear bowls: http://amzn.to/2nAy4Um
Long chopsticks: http://amzn.to/2mSw6yK
Cutting board: http://amzn.to/2nByQka
Vegetable peeler: http://amzn.to/2tP2Yu3
Crinkle knife: http://amzn.to/2gRY0LX
Black plate: http://amzn.to/2eCUHaT
Oval plate: http://amzn.to/2eCS7kX
Estimated Servings: 5-6
2 pounds chicken, cut into pieces
1. In a bowl, add in the marinade ingredients, mix to combine and coat the chicken pieces with the marinade.
2. Once the chicken is coated with the marinade, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the chicken to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours for the best flavor.
1. Peel and cut potatoes and carrots cutting them into 1 ½-inch chunks.
2. Turn your stove on high heat, pour in the oil and add the potatoes. Fry the potatoes for 10 minutes moving them around the pan to cook them on all sides until they turn golden brown.
3. Transfer potatoes to a plate and set aside.
1. Turn your stove on medium high heat and pour the oil into a medium size pot. When the oil gets hot, add in the onions and stir fry them for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Move the onions to one side of the pot.
2. Add in the marinated chicken to the pot and cook it for about 10 minutes turning the chicken pieces to cook them on all sides.
3. Pour in water and scrape the drippings from the bottom of the pot.
4. Add in the coconut cream, carrots and fried potatoes into the pot and cover it with a lid.
5. When it comes to a boil, turn the heat down to low and allow the curry to simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the carrots are fork tender, the chicken is fully cooked and the broth has thickened. Taste the curry broth and adjust seasonings as needed.
6. Transfer chicken curry to a bowl and garnish with cilantro. Serve with toasted French bread.