Kitchen Equipment used in this Video:
Square plate: http://amzn.to/2mT5fCw
Cooking gloves: http://amzn.to/2mcNotv
Stainless steel bowls: http://amzn.to/2mYeGCs
Glass dish: http://amzn.to/2njzoxE
Paper towels: http://amzn.to/2nBPAru
Clear bowls: http://amzn.to/2nAy4Um
Induction Cooker: http://amzn.to/2nyw4eF
Straining ladle: http://amzn.to/2nBO5tk
Long chopsticks: http://amzn.to/2mSw6yK
Ingredients & Cooking Directions for Fish Sauce Chicken Wing
Estimated Servings: 4
Fry the Chicken
2 pounds small-size chicken wings, split at the joint, tips removed
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1. Wash the chicken wing pieces with 3 quarts of water mixed with ¼ cup salt and 2 tablespoons white vinegar. Then drain and dry them with paper towels.
2. In a large bowl with a lid, add in the ginger, wine, pepper and mushroom seasoning and whisk to combine. Then add in the chicken wings coating every piece with the mixture, cover the bowl with lid and marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
3. Pour the cornstarch into the marinated chicken, cover the bowl and shake it to coat all the chicken pieces with cornstarch. Make sure to shake off the excess cornstarch starch before frying.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over high heat. Oil will be ready for frying when you place a wooden utensil in the middle of the pot and you see bubbles in the oil. Deep fry the chicken in batches for about 10-12 minutes or until fully cooked (no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear) and golden brown on all sides. Place them on paper towels to drain excess oil.
Prepare the sauce and toppings
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon sliced Thai chili peppers
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1. Pour fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and Thai chili peppers into bowl and whisk until sugar completely dissolves. Turn heat on medium low, add in the fish sauce mixture into a small pot, and allow sauce to come to a light boil and remove from heat.
2. Turn heat to medium low and add oil and garlic into a small pan. Fry until garlic is lightly golden brown, about 5 minutes, and transfer to paper towels to drain.
3. Pour chicken into a large bowl and add in the fish sauce mixture, fried garlic, and cilantro mixing to coat chicken. Transfer to serving plate and serve immediately.