Ingredients & Cooking Directions for Vietnamese Pickled Carrots and Daikon
Kitchen Equipment used in this Video
Clear bowls: http://amzn.to/2nAy4Um
Food processor: http://amzn.to/2mYNh3n
Glass jars: http://amzn.to/2mSwux4
Measuring cup: http://amzn.to/2niHwi5
Cutting board: http://amzn.to/2nByQka
Vegetable peeler: http://amzn.to/2mYmWCF
Cooking gloves: http://amzn.to/2mcNotv
Estimated servings: Makes about 7 cups
2 ½ cups warm water
1 Jalapeño pepper
1 Fresno pepper
1 pound carrots
1 pound daikon
- In a large measuring cup, combine water, vinegar, sugar and salt whisking until salt and sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Remove seeds and ribs from peppers and slice in thin strips. Set aside.
- Peel and shred carrots and daikon. Place vegetables and peppers in a bowl and mix them up.
- Add peppers and vegetables in a jar with an air-tight lid and pour in the liquid over the vegetables.
- Pickles can be used immediately, or for best results, seal container and refrigerate at least overnight. Pickles can last for about 3 weeks in the fridge.