Ingredients & Cooking Directions for Gà Rô Ti (Vietnamese roasted chicken) with simple salad and dipping sauce
Kitchen Equipment used in this Video
Square plate: http://amzn.to/2gR8hrM
Induction cooker: http://amzn.to/2nyw4eF
Cooking gloves: http://amzn.to/2mcNotv
Glass dish: http://amzn.to/2ukmd0r
Clear bowls: http://amzn.to/2nAy4Um
Plastic storage bag: http://amzn.to/2gRqBRC
Cooling rack: http://amzn.to/2uIvMcn
Baking pan: http://amzn.to/2ujHRC5
Long chopsticks: http://amzn.to/2mSw6yK
Sauce bowl: http://amzn.to/2uIt5YbWooden spoons: http://amzn.to/2vu067R
Prepare the chicken
2 whole chicken legs (drumsticks and thighs), bone-in
1. To make the marinade, add in five spice powder, soy sauce, honey, sugar, salt, pepper, mushroom seasoning, garlic, onion and oil into a bowl mixing until combined.
2. Add chicken into a sealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade.
3. Seal the bag and move the chicken inside the bag to coat the chicken with the marinade, making sure to massage the chicken all over the meat and skin.
4. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours for the best flavor.
5. Preheat oven for 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place oven rack in the middle of oven.
6. Place small rack on top of oven pan and put the marinated chicken on top of small rack. Pour the remaining marinade over chicken.
7. Carefully slide pan into oven and roast the chicken for 25 minutes on one side. Flip the chicken over and roast for 20 minutes on the other side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit or until the juices run clear when you pierce the chicken (the juices should be clear and not bloody).
8. Brush melted butter on chicken skin and broil chicken for 5 minutes or until skin is golden brown.
9. Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Make the salad
1 tablespoon water
1. For the dressing, add lime juice, salt, pepper, sugar, water, olive oil and onions to a bowl and mix well.
2. Allow onions to marinate in dressing for about 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, add in lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes and toss with dressing.
1. Turn stove on medium heat and add oil. When oil gets hot add onions in mixing it up with oil until sizzle and remove from heat.
2. To serve, add steamed rice and chicken to a plate and spoon green onion oil on top of chicken and rice. Serve chicken and rice with dipping sauce and salad.