Ingredients & Cooking Directions for Pandan Sticky Rice with Coconut Ice Cream
Kitchen Equipment used in this Video
Black plate: http://amzn.to/2ndppHC
Clear bowls: http://amzn.to/2nAy4Um
Stainless steel bowls: http://amzn.to/2mYeGCs
Induction Cooker: http://amzn.to/2nyw4eF
2 cups glutinous rice
2 cups glutinous rice
1. Wash glutinous rice several times until the water runs clear. Soak rice in water for about 1 hour or more (preferably overnight), rinse and drain.
2. Steam rice for about 20-25 minutes or until translucent. While the rice is cooking, make the coconut Pandan sauce.
3. To make coconut Pandan sauce, slice the Pandan leaves into small pieces, place in blender with warm water, and blend until green liquid forms. Pour into a container through a sieve and mix in Pandan paste. Turn stove on medium low heat and add in coconut milk, Pandan liquid, sugar and salt stirring it constantly until sugar dissolves.
4. Remove coconut Pandan sauce from the heat, add sticky rice into a bowl and pour the sauce into the sticky rice mixing it until combined. Cover the bowl and allow it to sit for about 30-40 minutes so that the rice absorbs the coconut Pandan sauce.
Coconut Ice Cream:
1 cup cold heavy cream
1 teaspoon lime juice
1. Add sugar to cream and whip until there are stiff peaks.
2. In a separate bowl, mix coconut milk, condensed milk, salt, lime juice and coconut extract until combined.
3. Pour 1/3 of the coconut milk mixture into the whipped cream and fold it in. Repeat until all ingredients are combined.
4. Transfer to a freezer-proof container and freeze for 4-5 hours or until solid.
Sprig of mint (optional)
1. To make the coconut cream topping, dissolved the tapioca flour or cornstarch into the water. Then add your coconut cream into a small pot and turn your stove on medium heat. Now add in the sugar and salt and dissolve it completely into the coconut cream. Next add in the cornstarch water mixture that was prepared earlier and stir it into the coconut cream until it thickens. Then set it aside to cool off.
2. To serve dessert, add warm sticky rice into a serving plate, drizzle coconut cream topping on top of sticky rice, sprinkle seeds, and scoop ice cream on top. Garnish with a sprig of mint and serve immediately.