Ingredients & Cooking Directions for Fried Macaroni & Cheese Balls
Kitchen Equipment used in this Video
Square plate: http://amzn.to/2mT5fCw
Glass dish: http://amzn.to/2nfkohV
Baking pan: http://amzn.to/2nwlSX4
Parchment paper: http://amzn.to/2nwxObA
Clear bowls: http://amzn.to/2nAy4Um
Cooking gloves: http://amzn.to/2mcNotv
Straining ladle: http://amzn.to/2nBO5tk
Paper towels: http://amzn.to/2nBPAru
Estimated Servings: 12 balls
3 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
1. Place prepared macaroni and cheese into the refrigerator or about 3-4 hours or until firm. (Check this link for my stove top mac and cheese recipe:HERE)
2. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop some mac and cheese and roll it into 12 equal sized balls. Place in the freezer for about 1 hour for the balls to keep its shape.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over high heat. Oil will be ready for frying when you place a wooden utensil in the middle of the pot and you see bubbles in the oil.
4. Add Panko and flour in a bowl and mix them up. Working one ball at a time, coat with eggs, then dredge in Panko flour mixture, pressing to coat.
5. Working in batches, add balls to the pot and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Garnish with chopped chives and serve immediately.