Ingredients & Cooking Directions for Mango Sticky Rice
Kitchen Equipment used in this Video
Induction Cooker: http://amzn.to/2nyw4eF
Clear bowls: http://amzn.to/2nAy4Um
Black plate: http://amzn.to/2ndppHC
Estimated Servings: 4
1 cup coconut milk
½ cup water
½ cup water
1. Wash glutinous rice several times until the water runs clear.
2. Soak rice in water for about 1 hour or more (preferably overnight) and drain.
3. Steam rice for about 20-25 minutes or until translucent.
4. Transfer sticky rice into a container, cover with lid and set aside (to keep rice hot).
5. To make coconut sauce, turn stove on medium low heat and add in coconut milk, water, sugar and salt stirring it constantly until sugar dissolves.
6. Remove coconut sauce from the heat and pour the sauce into the sticky rice mixing it until combined.
7. Cover the bowl with a lid and allow it to sit for about 40 minutes so that the rice absorbs the coconut sauce.
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon corn starch
1. To make the coconut cream topping, dissolved the tapioca flour or cornstarch into the water. Then add your coconut cream into a small pot and turn your stove on medium heat.
2. Pour in the sugar and salt and dissolve it completely into the coconut cream and add in the cornstarch water mixture that was prepared earlier. Stir until it thickens and set it aside to cool.
3. Slice mango and set on serving plate. Add warm sticky rice next to mango slices, sprinkle sesame seeds on top of the rice and serve with coconut cream sauce.